We're Looking for a Senior Copywriter/Head of Content in Leeds
Leeds-List is a modern, digital-first magazine with a unique approach to content. We use a mix of reader insight, user data, response marketing strategy, SEO, viral triggers and online best practice to drive traffic, increase time on page and get meaningful engagements.
There’s nothing traditional about Leeds-List, so we’re not looking for journalists. We want an experienced digital copywriter with a background in advertising, response marketing and content. This is your chance to escape that humdrum copywriting job and do something you really enjoy, with loads of variety and more than a few perks.
Come work for us and you’ll be the first to know about the latest openings, you’ll be invited to all the best parties and you’ll learn things about the city that no one else knows. But you’ll also be constantly challenged – you’ll be coming up with content ideas, writing about everything from yoga to mojitos and managing a small but passionate team of writers.
And you won’t be giving up the job you trained to do. We offer a full in-house agency service to clients like Virgin Trains, Opera North, D&D London, Deliveroo, Leeds BID and Leeds City Council, so you’ll be writing advertising copy alongside your editorial content.
This isn’t your usual copywriting role, it’s a lot more interesting, and it’s based right in the heart of Leeds – so what are you waiting for?
- Salary from £26-£32k
- Based in Leeds City Centre
How to apply
- Send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com
- Interviewing now
We’re looking for a Head of Content to take over management of our editorial team. You’ll be in charge of the editorial content on Leeds-List.com, making sure it meets our business goals and quality guidelines. That means you’ll be managing a team – coming up with ideas, briefing the team and editing content, using reader data and behaviour to inform your decisions. But you’ll also be writing content yourself.
You’ll need to hit the ground running, so you’ll be working closely with our Brand Director to get up to speed on our tone and approach. She has a wealth of experience to share with you, so you’ll need to be prepared for a steep learning curve, but it’ll set you up to produce engaging, interesting content that gets results.
This is a unique opportunity to work in a new-generation media company that’s bucking the trend and making a success of the digital space – and you’ll be in the perfect position to grow with us. We’re ambitious and excited about the future – you should be too.
- A minimum of five years experience in an advertising copywriting role, ideally with digital and direct response experience
- An understanding of the guiding principles of writing in the digital space, including best practice and viral triggers
- A solid understanding of SEO, how it works and how it's changed
- A good base of knowledge of Leeds – you need to know the city well to be one of our writers
- Management experience is preferred but not essential.
- Good time management & ability to meet deadlines
- Excellent communication skills
- Outstanding attention to detail
- Organised and able to plan studio workloads
No agencies, it's not you, it's us.