We're Looking for Freelance Copywriters in Leeds
Leeds-List is the city’s most popular magazine and guide, offering honest, credible content about the best things to see and do in Leeds.
Our writers are hand-picked to create a seamless user experience – helping readers to find content when they need it and giving them the information they need in a way that’s helpful but also fun and entertaining.
Because of our high editorial standards, we get great results – time-on-page is high, bounce is low and our readers come back for more.
We work with a raft of clients across multiple sectors, which means you’ll need to write about everything from beer and tacos to new developments, nature parks and opera.
We’re currently looking for an experienced freelance copywriter to support our editorial team in Leeds and Yorkshire. We do ask that all applicants are full-time freelancers (you can do part-time hours, but we're not looking for people with full-time jobs who want to do freelance on the side).
- £20-£30 per hour
- Regular work, flexible hours
- Project work available
How to apply
- Call us for an informal chat on 0113 3200710
- Send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com
- Interviewing now
Leeds-List is growing and it’s growing fast, so we’re looking for professional copywriters to help support our editorial team. We pride ourselves on our ability to attract and engage readers, so you’ll need to know all the tricks of the digital trade.
You’ll be expected to jump right in, matching your style to the Leeds-List tone of voice and adapting to all the different subjects we cover. The work we offer is incredibly diverse, so you’ll need to be versatile, but you’ll find it’s fun, interesting and challenging (in a good way).
As our freelance writer, you’ll be expected to write articles, both editorial and in partnership with brands, which will be briefed to you. As part of this role, you may also be asked to concept article and campaign ideas.
We’ll be handing work out on a week-by-week basis, but there’s an opportunity to build an ongoing relationship, with a day or two contracted every week.
- A minimum of three years experience in a 100% copywriting role
- An understanding of the guiding principles of writing in the digital space
- A solid understanding of SEO, how it works and how it's changed
- A good base of knowledge on Leeds – you need to know the city well to be one of our writers.
- Good time management & ability to meet hard deadlines
- Excellent communication skills
- Outstanding attention to detail
No agencies, it's not you, it's us.