We're Hiring a Photographer and Videographer in Leeds
Dab hand with a DSLR? Know your way around Photoshop? Got serious TikTok game? We’re looking for a photographer and videographer to help us take our content and social media to the next level.
Leeds-List is a digital agency and media platform with a unique approach. Our content is created with our readers in mind. We work hard to attract and retain an engaged audience, creating value at every stage of the user journey – and the visuals are a big part of that.
It’s exciting, challenging work. One day, you could be shooting photos in a bar, the next you could be recording videos in the Yorkshire countryside – it’s not easy, it takes creativity, intelligence and wicked social skills, but it’s a lot of fun.
This is an entry level role that will kickstart your career in a really exciting industry. Ideally, you’ll have a film, photography or media degree, but we’re also open to self-taught photographers and videographers who can produce professional standard images and videos.
So what do you think? Want to join a fast-growing scale-up with ambitious plans for the future? Want to be part of something really exciting? Get in touch.
- Salary: £18,000 to £22,000, depending on experience
- Full time
- Office-first, based in Leeds
- Office hours 9am-5:30pm, Mon-Fri
How to apply
- Send your CV, cover letter and examples of your photography/videography to firstname.lastname@example.org
Who we’re looking for:
Vision is key here. You’ll need to look at a scene and see the shot. From the lighting to the angle, the bokeh to the transitions, you’ll be making creative decisions on the spot to deliver dynamic image and video content that engages our audience. You'll need to be a people person too because you'll be working with venues and businesses across the city.
Ideally, you’ll have a film, photography or media degree, but really, we’re looking for someone who’s a pro with a DSLR and knows how to film top-quality social reels on a smart phone. Editing experience is important too – you’ll need to know your way around Photoshop, Canva and CapCut, or their equivalents, to produce awesome content.
Photography and videography work experience is beneficial but not essential.
What you’ll do:
- Shoot quality photographic and video content in locations across the city
- Edit images in Photoshop and videos in Canva, CapCut or directly through social channels like Instagram and TikTok
- Export, crop, rename and file images and videos in our asset library
- Call venues and business to arrange photoshoots
- Manage your calendar and time to ensure appointments are kept and deadlines are met.
- Call and email external venues and businesses to source images
- Stay up to date on the latest photography, videography and social media trends
- Use initiative to predict, manage and solve problems on your own
- Contribute to idea generation to help create new social content streams
Apply now by email: email@example.com
Leeds-List is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will be considered regardless of age, race, gender, religion, disability, sexual orientation or gender identity/expression.
No agencies, it's not you, it's us.