We're Hiring a Viral Content & Social Media Manager in Leeds
Leeds-List is a new-age media company with a unique approach. Our content, whether on our website or our social channels, is written with our readers in mind. We work hard to attract and engage our audience, creating value at every stage of the user journey.
Social is an important part of the mix, which is why we’re now looking for a Viral Writer and Social Media Manager to help us develop our audience, drive engagement and maximise reach.
You’ll take complete ownership of our social presence, from concepting and writing viral content to planning and publishing social media posts. But more than that, you’ll shape our social strategy, following trends, tracking response and keeping us at the very top of our game.
It’s a fun and varied job. One minute you’ll be writing scripts for video content, the next you’ll be digging into the analytics and reporting back to the board. You’ll need a deep understanding of social media from the get-go, as well as top notch writing skills and a never-ending curiosity.
We value work-life balance. Working over is the exception, not the rule. 28 days holiday comes as standard, and that’s on top of your bank holidays and your birthday off. Plus, there’s flexible working, office dogs and the odd VIP invite.
So what do you think? Want to join a fast-growing scale-up with ambitious plans for the future? Want to be part of something really exciting? Get in touch.
- Salary: £25,000 to £35,000, depending on experience
- Full time
- Office-first, based in Leeds
- Office hours 9am-5:30pm, Mon-Fri – flexible working after probation period
How to apply
- Send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com.
- Be sure to include examples of both your writing and the social media accounts you've managed.
- If you really want to impress us, tell us your proudest social media success story, with stats and a rationale for why it worked.
Who we’re looking for:
This role would suit a confident socialite who likes to go out, explore and meet people because you’ll be unravelling the secrets of the city and helping us to stay on top of everything that’s happening, so we can tell our readers first. And because you’ll be producing social content in all its forms, you’ll need to be as happy in front of the camera as you are writing content.
Social media experience is a must. It might come from a marketing role, a content role or a copywriting role, the important thing is that you have your finger on pulse of the latest social trends and want to keep it there. Experience working on videos and scripts is a definite advantage, as is the guilty pleasure of geeking out over analytics, but it’s not strictly necessary.
At least 3+ years experience in a role that involves both social media management and content writing.
What you’ll do:
- Take ownership of viral and social content production
- Inform and shape our social media strategy
- Plan and manage our social media calendar
- Write scripts, social media posts and website content
- Create social media assets in Canva and Capcut
- Feed into idea generation and produce strong viral concepts
- Reach out to local businesses to source images and information, as well as forging mutually beneficial collaborations
- Attend events and openings to get the inside track on what’s happening in the city
- Analyse results to identify opportunities to expand our reach and drive more engagement
- Report back to the board on the performance of viral content and our social media channels
- Become a local expert who knows every nook and cranny of the city and the region
- Use initiative to predict, manage and solve problems on your own
Apply now by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Leeds-List is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will be considered regardless of age, race, gender, religion, disability, sexual orientation or gender identity/expression.
No agencies, it's not you, it's us.