We're Hiring Midweight Copywriters in Leeds
Leeds-List is a new-age media company with a unique approach. Our content is written with our readers in mind. We work hard to attract and retain an engaged audience, creating value at every stage of the user journey.
It’s exciting, challenging work that’s more akin to marketing than journalism. We hire and train professional copywriters to use SEO, virality and direct response tactics to inspire people to act. It’s not easy, it takes creativity and intelligence, but it’s a lot of fun.
Whether you’re coming from a copywriting role in an agency or from a client-side position, your skills will find a good home here, but equally, you’ll learn new ones that will help you take your career to the next level – and we hope that will be with us, because we don’t just want a copywriter, we want someone who will grow with us and help our business succeed.
So what do you think? Want to join a fast-growing scale-up with ambitious plans for the future? Want to be part of something really exciting? Get in touch.
- Salary: £23,000 to £32,000, depending on experience
- Full time
- Office-first, based in Leeds
- Office hours 9am-5:30pm, Mon-Fri
How to apply
- Send your CV, cover letter and examples of your writing to firstname.lastname@example.org
Who we’re looking for:
It goes without saying that you’ll need to have a way with words. We’re looking for someone who can write like they talk, someone who can turn content into a conversation and make complicated topics seem easy to understand. But more than that, we’re looking for someone who can use words to drive response.
Ideally, you'll have at least a couple of years experience behind you, the more the better, but our team is growing fast, so we're open to copywriters at any stage of their career. We use a lot of different techniques, but you won’t need to know them all. You do, however, need a willingness to learn, because we believe in continual development at every level.
At least 2+ years experience in a full-time copywriting position.
What you’ll do:
- Take responsibility for content from brief to go live
- Write high quality content on a wide range of subjects
- Use virality, SEO, response marketing and data analysis techniques to drive traffic, engagement and response
- Create response-driven concepts and campaigns for clients
- Meticulously research content online, by phone and in person
- Source images and build content in Wordpress
- Become a local expert who knows every nook and cranny of the city and the region
- Use initiative to predict, manage and solve problems on your own
- Contribute to idea generation to help create new content streams
Apply now by email: email@example.com
Leeds-List is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will be considered regardless of age, race, gender, religion, disability, sexual orientation or gender identity/expression.
No agencies, it's not you, it's us.