We're Hiring Business Development Managers in Leeds
Leeds-List is a digital agency and media platform. We create awesome content campaigns for our clients, using data science and direct response tactics to drive industry leading results.
But at the same time, we value work-life balance. Working over is the exception, not the rule. 28 days holiday comes as standard, and that’s on top of your bank holidays and your birthday off. Plus, there’s flexible working, office dogs and the odd VIP invite.
As our Business Development Manager you’ll help us bring in the bacon. Every deal you make helps to fuel our growth, so we’ll give you the freedom you need to thrive – complete autonomy to deliver revenue, independently and without supervision.
You’ll build and manage your own pipeline, bringing in clients and pushing deals across the line. It’s not easy, it takes confidence, charm and wicked negotiation skills, but you can make real strides here.
Even better, your bonus is uncapped – there’s no limit to your earning potential, because when you succeed, we succeed. And your future? In a business growing as fast as ours, the sky is your limit.
So what do you think? Want to join a fast-growing scale-up with ambitious plans for the future? Want to be part of something really exciting? Get in touch.
- On-target earnings of £33,900 to £39,900 (uncapped)
- Based at our fantastic city centre offices, overlooking Leeds City Square
- Office first with flexible working after probationary period
- 28 days holiday, plus bank holidays and your birthday
- Apple Macbook Pro
How to apply
- Reach out to us by giving us a call on 0113 3200710 or drop us an email to email@example.com with your CV or LinkedIn profile.
What we’re looking for:
We’re looking for consultative business-to-business (B2B) business-development people to help grow our client base and create sustainable revenue for Leeds-List.
We’re looking for charismatic professionals who love talking to people. You’ll be comfortable managing stakeholders at every level, from local marketing managers to C-suite executives.
We’re not a burn-and-churn organisation, but we are hugely ambitious. So we’re looking for people who can work at pace, with tenacity and persistence, whilst always being professional and respectful.
You’ll be comfortable working independently to prospect new opportunities to do business, turning them into revenue by creating presentations, putting them in front of potential clients, handling objections, and closing deals.
You will need a background in business development, sponsorship, sales or fundraising in a business-to-business (B2B) setting. We are not looking for B2C sales experience.
What we need:
- At least 5 years of experience in a B2B sales, fundraising or sponsorship role
- Someone who is highly computer literate (Mac experience preferred)
- Experience of creating bespoke pitches in a business-to-business (B2B) environment based on existing templates
- Someone who is comfortable reaching prospective customers with quality, volume and speed using the phone and email
- Someone who is familiar with Hubspot Sales CRM (or are willing to learn)
What you’ll be doing:
- Identifying and creating opportunities
- Understanding existing and new customer segments, sectors and opportunities
- Developing an excellent knowledge of our products and services so that you can effectively convey the value of solutions and create custom packages
- Producing pitch documents – high quality, accurate presentations from our templates – at speed
- Building relationships with stakeholders at all levels – direct prospects and their peer networks
- Prospecting and generating leads using cold calling, emailing and whatever means is most effective to the situation
- Qualifying leads, analysing the needs of prospects and nurturing the through the process to close the deal
- Scheduling and conducting meetings, all the while keeping the CRM up to date
- Using negotiation to effectively balance value and sector/client growth
- Assisting the commercial director with production of their pitches and documents
Get in touch by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Leeds-List is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will be considered regardless of age, race, gender, religion, disability, sexual orientation or gender identity/expression.
No agencies, it's not you, it's us.