We're Hiring Business Development Executives in Leeds
Leeds-List is a fast-paced, fast-growing media brand with an agency-led approach. We’re not like other publications – we put the reader first, we focus on response and we help our clients get results.
Over the last 12 months, we’ve doubled the size of our team, and we’re only just getting started. We’re now looking for a Business Development Executive to help us grow. We already work with brands like Virgin Trains, LNER, Opera North, First Group, D&D London and Leeds Beckett, but you’ll be helping us to bring in even more big names.
Leeds-List is a pretty unique place to work.
We have a consultative and solution-led sales cycle, we build strong client relationships and continually strive to improve, so your key objective will be to research markets and understand clients to create new opportunities. You’ll need to understand their pain points, determine if they’re a good fit for our products and convey the value we offer.
In return for dedication and high performance, you’ll get unlimited development potential and uncapped bonuses.
Who we’re looking for
To bag this job, you’ll need at least 2 years commercial experience in sales. Digital experience is a bonus, but it’s not the be all and end all. We want someone who’s eager to learn, who will put the hours in and develop an understanding of everything from analytics to tracking and reader engagement.
We don’t have a standard ad product, we question the norm and learn everything we can about potential clients, so you’ll need a high level of intelligence and a charismatic personality. We’re looking for someone that can listen intently, understand pain points and speak with confidence to achieve a positive outcome, even from a prickly negotiation.
Based in Leeds city centre, Monday to Friday 9am-5.30pm.
- Salary: £20-25k with up to £32-43k uncapped OTE
- Full time
- Based in Leeds City Centre
- Occasional travel
How to apply
- We'd love to hear from you — call asking for the hiring manager quoting ref BDE19S
- Send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Your skills and traits
- We don’t like to micromanage, so we’re looking for motivated self-starters with good time-management skills and quick, accurate admin skills to keep the CRM and documents up to date.
- It goes without saying that we’re looking for brilliant communicators.
- Your ability to listen intently, understand, question, read non-verbal signs, problem solve and resolve conflict are essential to this role.
- A very high standard of written English is required, producing emails, presentations and proposals at the professional level we expect.
- You’ll be conveying information, demonstrating value and will know how to create a reaction.
- You’ll be driven by creating and fostering good relationships which leads to good performance and results.
- Highly familiar with IT, the internet and online media.
- Being well organised is important as you’ll be managing your own day, with scope to manage a team.
- Must be have 2+ years experience in business development/sales
- We'll be looking for evidence of your achievements
- Knowledge of digital marketing, online advertising or content marketing is a plus, but not essential if you're willing to learn
- Generate new leads, proactively create opportunities and handle inbound leads
- Identify and contact potential clients through perceived need or target areas
- Develop a professional network in target sectors and geographies
- Use sector intelligence and product knowledge to respond to client requirements and offer solutions through proposals
- Attract new sales prospects through email, social and other channels
- Arrange, attend and follow up on meetings/calls with qualified prospects
- Close deals and hand-over to the accounts team
- Learn from lost deals to drive product development and business development strategy
- Understand and respond to client feedback on your proposals
- Have meaningful contacts with clients, ensuring you’re professional, personable and offer value at every contact
- This role is based in Leeds city centre, but may require some travel to see clients around Leeds
- Office hours are 9am to 5.30pm with some work and events outside of these hours
- Basic salary is £20-25k with up to £32-43k on-target earnings and uncapped bonus potential. Package and bonus will be offered in-line with experience and performance.
Apply now by email: email@example.com
No agencies, it's not you, it's us.