We're Hiring an Executive Assistant/Office Manager in Leeds
Leeds-List is a unique media and production company. A well-established and loved Leeds brand that curates the best things to see and do.
First-of-its-kind, producing curated content that’s useful and credible – not clickbait, not overloaded with ads and not the same old press release you’ve seen elsewhere
By giving advertisers opportunities that are bespoke, novel and engaging, we achieve results that take advertising to the next level and raise the bar for advertisers.
We punch above our weight and we've won clients like LNER/Virgin Trains, Land Securities, Opera North, D&D London and Leeds College of Music, all because we offer them something the rest of the industry can't.
We're currently seeking an Executive Assistant/Office Manager at our offices in Leeds City Centre (LS1 2PW).
- Salary £18,000 to £25,000
- (Salary dependent on experience)
- Full time
- Based in Leeds City Centre
How to apply
- Send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
We've created a work environment where we blend hard work, an ambitious work ethic, a focus on quality and results, with a fun culture. And office dogs, don't forget the pooches.
Our company values are to overachieve, to be curious about what's going on in the city and in the industry, to always focus on the solution and to be candid with our clients and stakeholders, so we can achieve the best outcome. If that sounds like you, please read on.
We are looking for an assistant to our company’s founders/office manager to provide support across the business as well as office management and financial control.
Executive Assistant This is a highly varied, reactive and proactive role including aspects like organisation, diary management, speaking with clients by telephone and performing admin duties. On top of a solid foundation of experience in a similar role, we are looking for candidates that are comfortable working outside their comfort zone, researching and learning on the job to perform tasks to a high standard while focussing on our company’s principles and values.
Upward management of the founders and making efficient use of their time is absolutely essential to this role.
Office management is central to this role, running the office with military precision and making sure the environment and facilities are well maintained and compliant with best practice and legislation.
Financial control is a vital part of this role, ensuring that accounts payable, invoices, payroll and expenses are processed and reported against to the directors accurately and reliably.
Within a growing and ambitious company, the right person for this role will make sure their responsibilities are handled without dropping the ball, so outstanding time management and proper use of systems and process are imperative. We are also want to hear how you would improve and implement process improvements, making it a better place to work and making better use of everyone’s time.
Applicants for this role must be outstanding communicators and tenacious to make sure that contact is established and things happen even with busy, time-poor company founders and stakeholders. We’re a friendly bunch and being able to rapidly build rapport with the people you’re working with is very important to us.
Based in Leeds city centre, Monday to Friday 9am-5.30pm.
- Must have at least 5 years experience as a personal or executive assistant at founder/director level that you can demonstrate in your application/interview.
- Must be experienced in managing an office environment, with knowledge of relevant legislation.
- Must have knowledge of financial control procedures including accounts payable and payroll
- Any experience within a media or agency environment would be an advantage, but is not essential.
- Methodical and organised
- Creating, employing and working to processes
- Strong literacy and numeracy
- Can present documents and information in clear, logical and structured ways, explaining jargon and technical terms
- Can work with little supervision and can prioritise and work effectively when faced with several, competing deadlines
- Good levels of IT knowledge; we're a Mac office, so experience using a Mac helps
- Confident producing letters, presentations and other documents
- Excellent communicator in person, over the phone and in writing
- Reliable and dependable
- Very good administrative skills
- Managing and reporting against budgets, cashflow and payroll
- Can hold a conversation at all levels of professionalism and seniority
Apply now by email: email@example.com
No agencies, it's not you, it's us.